It all started in 1958 when Jim Jennings’ father was the General Manager of a Chevrolet dealership on the south side. He had an application in to be a dealer, and when the Chevrolet Store in Glenview became available Jim Sr. was offered the opportunity, which he eagerly accepted. He commuted daily from the south side of Chicago for about nine months and then purchased a house in Glenview. Jim was in second grade at the time and the dealership was located at the current location of NAPA Auto Parts on north Waukegan Road. The dealership moved into their present location in 1967.