Welcome to Jennings Chevrolet
Have you driven by and noticed a change? That’s because we have updated our look.
Our Sales and Service areas have been completely remodeled. We’re happy to share with you that all the construction performed was done by local companies to ensure support of our local communities.
To better serve you we have added private offices in our Service department for each Service Advisor. Also we have completely redesigned our customer waiting lounge for your comfort. Our customer lounge is now equipped with free high speed Wi-Fi, a quiet room for reading, fresh bagels each morning, brand name coffee and tea, and movie-time popcorn.
We offer shuttle service within an 8 mile radius; we also have Enterprise on our premises, and technicians working till 9pm, Monday thru Thursday.
History about our Dealership
It all started in 1958 when Jim Jennings’ father was the General Manager of a Chevrolet dealership on the south side. He had an application in to be a dealer, and when the Chevrolet Store in Glenview became available Jim Sr. was offered the opportunity, which he eagerly accepted. He commuted daily from the south side of Chicago for about nine months and then purchased a house in Glenview. Jim was in second grade at the time and the dealership was located at the current location of NAPA Auto Parts on north Waukegan Road. The dealership moved into their present location in 1967.
Jim has worked in this business his whole life; from washing cars and cleaning parts shelves, to salesman and now owner. He started full time in 1974, with his brother John joining the company in 1983. In early 1986 the family acquired the Volkswagen franchise and together the two brothers began their journey. Their vision: “To excel in sales and service while maintaining the highest standards of integrity.” Excitement over the acquisition ended prematurely, as later in the year Jim Sr. lost a quick battle with cancer.
Jennings Chevrolet celebrated its 56th year anniversary in February 2014 and Jennings Volkswagen celebrated their 28th year anniversary in March 2014.
About our Business
• Jennings Chevrolet has 14 GM Master Certified Technicians, four of which are World Class status. Very few stores around the country can claim this distinction.
• Jennings Chevrolet has over $1.4 million in parts which are on-hand to service your needs.
• Jennings Chevrolet has courtesy transportation available. Free Pick-up and drop off within an 8 mile radius. Enterprise Rental Car office on site.
• Jennings Chevrolet has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on all parts provided by General Motors.
• Jennings Chevrolet offers a limited, lifetime-warranty on parts and labor on the following parts: Air Conditioning Accumulators, Air Conditioning Compressors, Air Conditioning Condensers, Fuel Pumps, Ignition Coils, Ignition Modules, Ignition Wire Sets, New/Remanufactured Generators, New/Remanufactured Starter Motors, Shock Absorbers/Struts, Water Pumps, Wheel Bearing Hub Assemblies
• Jennings Chevrolet provides an oil change on most GM vehicles for only $19.58, excludeing Cadillac, diesel, synthetic and over 5 quarts of oil.
• Jennings Chevrolet also has a complete, professional Body Shop.
• Jennings Chevrolet’s website offers 24/7 access, where you can view our inventory and also make service appointments.
• We have hundreds of new vehicles in stock. If for some reason we don’t have what you are looking for ask your salesperson and we will get the vehicle for you.
• We have extended service hours Monday-Thursday 6:30am -9:00pm, Friday 6:30am-6:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-4:00pm.
About our community involvement
• In 1998, Jim Jennings was the Glenview Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year.
• In 2000, Jim Jennings received the Volunteer of the Year award from the United Way of Suburban Chicago.
• In 2009, the Glenview Chamber of Commerce awarded Jennings Chevrolet & Volkswagen, Business of the Year. This award was given to Jennings Chevrolet & Volkswagen in recognition of their active roles as a member of both the Glenview Chamber and the Glenview community. (On one of the nominating petitions it was written, “It is well known that Jennings Chevrolet and Volkswagen are a very charitable organization in the Glenview community, with 2009 being a very different and difficult year for many businesses, Jennings is still giving”.
• Jennings Chevrolet employs over 160 people from Cook, Lake, and McHenry counties.
• Jennings Chevrolet is a contributor to local schools, charities and sports teams.
• Jennings Chevrolet sponsors the coat and food drives for Sister Paulanne’s neediest families of Our Lady of Perpetual Help church.
• Jennings Chevrolet supports the annual USMC Toys for Tots holiday drive.